18th Annual Tat Days 2020, September 3-6
"Knotting Knots - The Chain of Tatting Friends Around the World"
by Anita Barry, February 2020.
Full design by Paige Deputy. THANK YOU!
MORE (Updated August 18, 2020 - What to Bring, Menus)
(Planning Travel, Welcome Bags, Cameras, Containers, Exchange Table, Internet, Tatting History, What to Bring, Sample Menu, Scooter Rental, Special Needs, Next Year's Dates, Toccoa's Policiess, Weather, What to wear)
Things you might want to BRING
Provided: Small bar soap, 1 white towel set per person, linens, 2 pillows on each Full size bed. PTG will provide the usual snacks in the kitchnette.
* Hair dryer, shampoo and other personal toiletry items.
* Extra towels (not white) if you need more than 1 for the weekend.
* Rolling cart (optional) to move from classroom to classroom-small suitcase, craft box on wheels, folding crate that rolls.
* Tatting Bag with basic tatting supplies like crochet hook (small), scissors, bead threader, shuttles and/or needles, and threads for various extra patterns that will be shared. (Items will be available in vending if you forget something or just want a new one and another one.)
* Hot or Cold? Sweater or battery operated fan-depends on you.
* Water bottle with a lid. There should be a vending machine for sodas on the 2nd floor and an ice machine or in dining hall.
Each person will get a 16oz PTG cup-be sure to add provided name label.
* NEW-NO Ice in Kitchen and NO Bottled Water. You can get ice in the second floor or in the dining hall or outside across from the dining hall.
* Tatted Lanyard (optional) for name tag.
* Bring back your PTG Name Tag Holder from previous year. If new, you will get one. And we have extras for those that forget. ALL GOOD!
* Umbrella or Raincoat for short walk to dining room so it will NOT rain!
* Money for vending, silent auction, and live auction.
(PTG sales take cash or check and probably take a credit card. Main vendor will take credit cards, cash and maybe a personal check.)
* ADDED: Vitamins to stay healthy like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Vitamin D, and walking shoes for catching 20+ minutes of sunshine each day!
* NEW-NO Walmart Trips, please. Bring EXTRAs so we can all stay on-campus during the weekend. Thank you. If you need to stop at Walmart on the way in, please do so safely and quickly. THANKS!
* Watch your email just before Tat Days for a short questionaire about your resent activities, just like you are asked at appointment places. Bring it with you completed and signed or we will provide you with a form when you arrive. We will take each person's temperature, too, as well as hand you a mask and face shield, if you need them. We recommend some type of face covering. Thanks for helping us to be as safe as possible!
2020 Menu with Banquet - The food is GREAT! You will ENJOY it! If you have special dietary requirements, please write Teresa so we can be sure the kitchen and you connect as needed. Teresa at email@example.com
Toccoa's Policies for their Campus - PLEASE READ. Thank you!
WELCOME "GOODIE" BAGS: Each year we have a "tatting and goodies" tote bag for our Tatters and a goodie bag for our KNOTS (Kind Network of Tatting Supporters) that travel with us. We believe this year's bags are once again very special! Many contribute to these bags. We have SO MANY talented and generous tatters! You may pick up your bag on Thursday.
EXCHANGE TABLE: Bring items tatters enjoy that you no longer need or of which you have too many.
Friday-Leave an item, take an item. Saturday-Take all you will use.
Containers: We are tatters! We are always collecting containers! If you have any extras, bring them for the exchange table. Or add a bunch of COOL tatting related odds and ends into the container and donate it to the Silent Auction, maybe for a "Grab Bag." THANKS!
If flying in, PLEASE TRY to book flights with reasonable arrival and departure times to facilitate easy sharing of rides to and from Toccoa on Thursday and Sunday.
Atlanta airport - 2 hour drive. (Traffic gets crazy around 3:00 weekdays.)
Teachers - 4:00 meeting on Thursday.
Consider sharing a ride like a rental. Write firstname.lastname@example.org to share your travel plans to see who wants to share a ride.
PTG may be able to help with rides. If want to help, let us know.
Be courteous and thoughtful in your planning.
Thursday Airport Arrival: Ideally between 10 and 1:00 and be willing to wait a little bit for others to arrive to share a ride.
Sunday Airport Departure: Ideally after 1:00 (Leaving Toccoa by 9:00 after a good breakfast, 2 hours to airport, arriving 2 hours ahead of flight time.)
Thank you! See you in September!!!!!!!
Publicity: Help us spread the word on your blogs and tweets. Thanks! See our ad in Spring issue of IOLI magazine.
LIKE and SHARE our Tat Days posts on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/palmetto.guild.
FUN Historical Women Tatting article by Georgia
Please write Teresa at email@example.com if you have a special need pertaining to a room. All rooms are accessible by elevator. There are a few rooms on the first floor, the same floor as all of the activities other than dining. There are a few rooms that are specifically designated as Handicap. They have 2 double beds (like all of the rooms). The bath is very similar as the others except it has a raised commode, railings in the bathroom along the wall, the lip to get into the shower is a much smaller step over than the other tubs and I believe the counter with the sink is raised a little higher, too.
Tat Days Wheelchairs:
No scooter rentals are available in the area but here are our 3 choices for folks to call ahead and make their arrangements for a wheelchair. There is no delivery for the wheelchair but if more than 1, they will pickup on Monday. The pickup and payment will be up to the person renting the wheelchair. All businesses are open Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM except the pharmacy which is open on the weekend. All are for the same price of $20 for the weekend (2016 price) .
Please send a note to Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do rent a wheel chair just for our records.
Next to Me Medical Supplies – 706-886-6649
Convalescent Home Equipment – 706-886-8474
Jerry White’s Pharmacy – 706-886-2662
We are always casual and comfortable.
You may wish to include a sweater, scarf, or small personal battery operated quiet fan.
Raincoat or umbrella may come in handy if it is raining on the way to the dining hall.
We are a "no scent" event. PLEASE refrain. Many are allergic. Even Essential Oils can leave a chemical trace. Sorry. Thank you for your understanding!
Feel free to post on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/palmetto.guild) IF you have permission from your subjects and it is tasteful and nice! Can be humorous if tasteful. THANKS!
Weather: Average High = 85/86 and Average Low=66. Check out weather.com for 10-day forecast. For the class rooms, some will bring a sweater and others will bring a fan.
We generally have AMAZING weather!
|Date||Forecast||Hi / Lo|
84° / 65°
If you bring your own laptop or tablet, there is wireless internet access in the lobby areas in the hotel/classroom building and in the lobby of the main building next to the dining room (a short walk). Sometimes it will work in the lodging rooms.
Tat Days 2021 Dates = September 9-12, 2021.
Tat Days 2022 Dates = September 8-11, 2022 - 20th Anniversary!
SEE YOU THEN!
Tat Days 2020 Home Page